jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What Are Some Ways To Improve A Marriage?

1. PhoenixV profile image76
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

2. mvillecat profile image78
    mvillecatposted 5 years ago

Make sure you take time for each other. Have a date night, even if it is to Burger King and you use coupons. Sit down across from each other, enjoy your meal and talk to one another. Respect and support of one another is the most important aspects of a marriage. We've been married 19 years this December.

3. Jim Batuyong profile image80
    Jim Batuyongposted 5 years ago

The phrase "Improve a Marriage" suggests the marriage is lacking something.  I think the most important lesson I've learned from being married 25 years is that each person in the relationship has to communicate their needs to their partner.  Honest communication with each other means your partner doesn't have to guess what you want or expect to get from him/her.  Sit down together, open a bottle of wine and have an open and honest discussion.

As we get older, our needs change, our desires change and that can put a strain on a marriage.  This is especially true when you feel like you don't even know them anymore.  A slumping marriage may be a result of losing touch with each other so it is important that you don't leave it to chance that your partner will figure out what you want.  All you need to do is to make sure they know and then keep that line of communication open forever.

4. Trish303 profile image73
    Trish303posted 5 years ago

True ways to repair or even make your marriage better. read more

5. munzine profile image60
    munzineposted 5 years ago

I think couples counseling is a great way to improve a marriage. You'll want to find a therapist you both feel comfortable with, and be wary there are more than few quacks out there! But if you do find that special person you both love, you can really improve communication and develop a better understanding for each other!

6. samnashy profile image80
    samnashyposted 5 years ago

Perseverance, patience, compromise and plenty of laughs along the way.

working