How would you feel if your hubby keeps your step daughter's picture in his walle

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)
  1. titobay profile image69
    titobayposted 7 years ago

How would you feel if your hubby keeps your step daughter's picture in his wallet instead of yours?

Each time you open your husband's wallet, you find your married step daughter's face starring at you. Do you ever wonder if he thinks of you while away from home?

2. Mighty Mom profile image84
    Mighty Momposted 7 years ago

I guess my first question is what in the heck are you doing opening your husband's wallet?
    My husband keeps picks of his cats in his. I don't think he has a picture of me. Doesn't mean he doesn't love me.

It sounds like your husband loves his daughter very much.
    Why are you so jealous???

3. Sapphireid profile image68
    Sapphireidposted 7 years ago

Hello there Titobay,

I'm wondering what's behind your inquiry? What's pondering your mind to taunt you with this question? It's as if there's an implication. If your husband, who happens to be your daughters stepfather, keeps a photo of your daughter in his wallet, it's because many parents like to keep pictures of their children in their wallets. It use to be a 'Known thing,' but as time goes by, many things of old have gone and passed.

Should there have been anything unethical and immoral that went on to have you even ponder a moment of his parenting performance while your daughter was in the home as a minor, your need to make the moves required of a fully focused, God-fearing and integrity filled mother have passed, for that moment in time. In addition, there might be consequences that can be implemented to this very day, if so.

In closing, it's a wonder that you open your husband's wallet (repeatedly), as though there has been a breach in trust and boundaries. No idea if this question is regarding you personally or if it is a hypothetical scenario. Either way, the response I have shared above applies to both.

Best Regards,

Sapphireid

4. laidbacklady profile image76
    laidbackladyposted 7 years ago

Ok, titobay, lets look at this.

Is she your husband's daughter from another relationship?  I would assume so, since you are her step-mother, thereby making him her biological father.  If he loves her and is proud of her, his carrying her picture would seem completely within the scope of normal.  The question is--Why should this be a concern to you personally?

My husband no longer carries a wallet, though when he did there was never a picture of me in it.  He had pictures of our two kids at various ages.  And I only remember that because often times he would have me retrieve something from his wallet that he wanted to show me, or have me clean it out because it was a mess and falling apart.  Otherwise I considered his wallet HIS PERSONAL PROPERTY.

Regardless of whether or not he has (had) my picture in his wallet does not make me wonder if he thinks of me "while I'm away from home".  I don't quite know what that is supposed to mean.  My picture does not need to be with my husband at all times to remind him that I exist in his life or that I am his wife.  Though we fight frequently, I know daily he thinks of me, whether he is calling me, texting me, or sending me an email from his job.  There are some days I hear nothing, but my concern then is not whether he is thinking of me, but whether he is okay, wherever he is or what he is doing.

If this is a question based on your own personal marital issues, you really need to open a line of communication with your husband to let him know that you are troubled by this simple issue.  He will likely be ticked off to find out you have been going through his wallet, which you really should not do.  He may even be totally surprised, and perhaps a little put off that you feel that way about his daughter's importance in his life.

Sorry.  I did not mean to preach.  I am not a marriage counselor, but I have spoken to many friends and counselors through the years and all have had input on various issues in marriage.  You need to go carefully here.

5. profile image0
    dixie28714posted 7 years ago

take a picture of you and her together then replace the picture.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)