jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

How easily do you criticize your spouse?

1. KK Trainor profile image61
    KK Trainorposted 6 years ago

How easily do you criticize your spouse?

Some people seem to always have something negative to say about their spouse. How easy is it for someone to get a negative comment from you about your spouse or significant other?

2. RockerGinger profile image88
    RockerGingerposted 6 years ago

I am not married, but if I was I have no reason to judge him for any reason, as he is a solid rock for me, emotionally and otherwise.

3. Naomi's Banner profile image78
    Naomi's Bannerposted 6 years ago

I used to do this a lot.  I refrain from doing this as much as possible now.  I make a consentrated effort to compliment him as much as I can.  I have found that when I treat him like someone special he returns the favor.  People can get me going if he has just got on my last nerve when I am stressed but I am even working on that one too.

4. KateWest profile image77
    KateWestposted 6 years ago

I was quite the nag when I was married (just like my Mom) and looking back on it, that was probably my insecurities. Won't go there again.

5. abrarr profile image60
    abrarrposted 6 years ago

well very easily i do that. i want my spouse to be perfect in every sense. i want my spouse to listen to my criticism positively.

6. shampa sadhya profile image83
    shampa sadhyaposted 6 years ago

For me it is very easy to point out his faults as we are not merely couples but very good friends. Well, I never criticize him in front of others.

7. Kathleen Cochran profile image82
    Kathleen Cochranposted 6 years ago

My husband of 35 years and I both do way too much of this.  It has been the subject of many conversations.  I think the fact that we try to curb it, and let each other know when it's getting out of hand is what keeps the peace in our house.

I must say he is much better at being generous with praise than I am, but I try.

8. Stone Gifts profile image59
    Stone Giftsposted 6 years ago

Not a problem for me. I can easily share my opinion about my wife. But the point is I have nothing negative about her:)

9. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

The only bad thing I can say about my redhead is:  She was dumb enough to marry me.  That's not really a complaint, though, just a cause for wonderment.

After all, I was in the process of my 6th divorce when we met.  How nuts do you have to be to hook up with a guy like that? 

Other than that, it's all good and then some, as hinted in the opening lyrics from one of my original songs:

She's got my back
    I've got her back
    You cain't git us in a sneak attack
    We'll see you coming a million miles away-y-y!