jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why do women stay or gravitate to abusive people?

1. Midasfx profile image65
    Midasfxposted 6 years ago

Why do women stay or gravitate to abusive people?

there is a women at work how is in a horrible marriage that would drive any normal women to divorce. But she will never leave him. Then she comes to work with a bunch of pigs, who try to peek under her skirt, tell her to leave her husband, one person was joking around and squirted rubbing alcohol in her eyes. they are constantly making incredibly rude sexual comments and gestures towards her. and everyday she comes in and flirts with these guys. as soon as they leave she complains at how horrible they are but always goes back. I have told her to tell the managers but she never does.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5262471_f260.jpg

2. TimeHealsAll profile image78
    TimeHealsAllposted 6 years ago

This seems like the life she has been accustomed to. People usually are more comfortable in situations they are familiar with, Maybe these are the only friends she has and if thats true she may have a difficult time letting them go, for all the reasons I've mentioned. Hope this helps.

3. Extinct Soul profile image60
    Extinct Soulposted 6 years ago

Maybe she was just a plain flirt starving for attention...

or maybe she was masochistic, she had this kind of mental illness that finds satisfaction from being mistreated or hurt physically.

4. puddingicecream profile image76
    puddingicecreamposted 6 years ago

I guess she just doesn't want to cause any issues or make a scene even though she hates the situation.

5. avorodisa profile image84
    avorodisaposted 6 years ago

The problem I'm interested in is how can we avoid victimizing ourselves, individually and collectively? Is there any withstanding possible? And if yes, why don't women enterprise anything against the violence because their situation is more than serious - the gender violence is the reason why women die between the age of 15 and 45, every 15 minutes on the planet there is an aggressive action against a woman. read more

working