jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

Would you marry for money or marry for love?

1. Izabella Cache profile image57
    Izabella Cacheposted 6 years ago

Would you marry for money or marry for love?

Some say love does not pay the rent!
    Others say I'd rather experience real love and be broke.

Which would you decide?

2. maryellenquigley profile image81
    maryellenquigleyposted 6 years ago

I would definitely marry for love only. Money can come and go.

3. bswan17 profile image56
    bswan17posted 6 years ago

Love. Money is not stable, but true love is eternal.

4. Stump Parrish profile image60
    Stump Parrishposted 6 years ago

Yes I believe I would marry for money or love. It would depend on what the woman desired.

5. nycgrl profile image81
    nycgrlposted 6 years ago

You can always make more money but you cannot make or create love.

6. Sunny2o0o profile image74
    Sunny2o0oposted 6 years ago

These two shouldn't be placed in opposition with one another.  There's no reason that someone can't marry for both.  Maybe it sounds heartless, but I've always been of the let's-live-in-reality camp.  Money matters, as does the earning potential of your spouse.  Love alone is not enough to sustain a lifetime of happiness, let alone a relationship.

7. Freegoldman profile image38
    Freegoldmanposted 6 years ago

When I was younger, I would of married because I was in love. Now that I am a little older, I think it's more wise to marry a wealthy guy. I think love fades. Also, I think I can teach myself how to love somebody and care for that person over time, with money. Lol.

8. lea86 profile image58
    lea86posted 6 years ago

I will definitely marry for love, but money will be an issue in a marriage too.

9. sanathara profile image60
    sanatharaposted 6 years ago

Marry for Love.If love is there, money will come eventually.but money can't buy or bring Love, which is eternal..

10. carolp profile image81
    carolpposted 6 years ago

I rather marry for love. Money can't buy love. If i work i have my own way of living and i can provide my needs. Although sometimes i wish to marry a rich man but i think i am not really comfortable going to parties, socializing with the elite. I rather have a normal middle standard of life loving someone day by day, happy and comtented-

11. breathing profile image61
    breathingposted 6 years ago

No doubt money is a very essential things in our life. I need money for my love..my lovers. But, I will marry for love not for money.

12. Izabella Cache profile image57
    Izabella Cacheposted 6 years ago

I would try to obtain both, but money comes and go just like love unfortunately.Money does not buy love, but it will surely buy you Louis Vitton .lol I

13. seriousnuts profile image69
    seriousnutsposted 6 years ago

I will marry for love. My love cannot be bought by any amount of money. Although life is getting more difficult each day, people shouldn't just marry for money because of that.

It's fine to marry a poor man but is hardworking. If you truly put faith in his abilities, he will eventually succeed in life. On the other hand, marrying a rich man won't guarantee you financial security especially if the person is a big spender.

14. your cybersister profile image61
    your cybersisterposted 6 years ago

I married for love.  I am (embarrassingly) in my third marriage.  I married the first time (at seventeen) for what I now know was lust.  I married the second time (at 33) for what I thought was love.  After two false starts, my joke was that the third time around, since nothing else seemed to work, I would marry for money.  Ha-ha - when I married for the third time (at 50, eight cautious years after our first date) it was once again for love.  Ironically, when my third husband and I got together we were both in financial ruin (due to our divorces - big surprise there) but now, thirteen years later, we are in a better financial position than either of us has ever been previously,,,I guess marrying for love and working out things together brought us money.  smile