jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Would you marry your best friend?

1. KMattox profile image60
    KMattoxposted 6 years ago

Would you marry your best friend?

Lots of people insist marrying your best friend is a bad Idea. I have found the opposite to be true. What is you opinion any why?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

I believe most people don’t date their “best friends”.
    In fact the majority of us are not physically/sexually attracted to them which is why they are our” friends”.

What’s more likely to happen is (the people we fall in love with) BECOME our best friend due to emotional and physical intimacy along with shared goals.  This is what most people mean when they say, “My spouse is my best friend”.  It’s rare for someone to suddenly start looking at a true “platonic friend” as a potential dating or marital partner.

3. MsDora profile image95
    MsDoraposted 6 years ago

Probably not.  Who will be left to listen to you brag about your love life?

4. Smart is Good profile image60
    Smart is Goodposted 6 years ago

Your significant other eventually becomes your best friend, and that is one of the greatest things that can happen. But it depends on both of you; If you have been best friends since before you got married sometimes it tends to be complicated and if it ends you ruined a great friendship. But if you know how to handle the relationship, then there's nothing wrong with it.

5. breathing profile image58
    breathingposted 6 years ago

I will only marry her who really loves me. Best friend or anyone does not matter to me. Best friend may not love me but only like me, my support, my company etc.

6. seriousnuts profile image67
    seriousnutsposted 6 years ago

No, because my best friend is a girl, who is also my twin sister. I wouldn't want to marry her!

Joking aside, I personally wouldn't mind marrying my best friend (if I have one from the opposite sex). I don't think it's wrong. I have heard stories where best friends become happily married. There are of course some downsides, so it's really up to the couple if they could work it out. To me personally, it'll get difficult for me. That is why I refrain from being too intimate with the opposite sex. Sometimes, the line becomes blurred between friendship and love. Some people might confuse the two.

working