jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

How do you know who your REAL friends are?

1. TKLMommy profile image61
    TKLMommyposted 6 years ago

How do you know who your REAL friends are?

Everyone has friends, but how do you know who your REAL friends are? Who are the ones that won't turn their backs on you when you need them the most?

2. lockgirl profile image60
    lockgirlposted 6 years ago

Over the years I have had many friends but only 2 REAL friends. Real friends are there for you and you are there for them through the good and the bad. They don't pass judgement over you. They except you for who you are and they don't try and change who you are. You may might from time to time but no matter what they will always be there for you when you need a shoulder to cry on .

3. Marye Audet profile image89
    Marye Audetposted 6 years ago

Generally you won't know until you hit a crisis -- after my divorce I lost friends that I had had for 22 years and would have sworn they were real friends.. There are no guarantees.

4. Apostle Jack profile image60
    Apostle Jackposted 6 years ago

A friend is,as a friend does.Words come in second. People can say many things and speak with words of promise and empty thoughts  .But what they do is all that is positive.

5. thebookmom profile image75
    thebookmomposted 6 years ago

They are honest, kind, supportive and put up with all my craziness smile  Really, they are the ones in the good and bad memories and I'm grateful for them.

6. shamani67 profile image59
    shamani67posted 6 years ago

I can count on one hand who my real friends are. They are the ones that stick with you through thick and thin. They are always there for you no matter how bad the situation may be. They never judge you. You may not see them for some time, but when you do its like you had never been apart. You can say anything to them and know it will not go any further. Trust is very important. Honesty comes naturally with true friends. They don't stab you in the back when you are not there.
    Hope this helps.

7. KateWest profile image77
    KateWestposted 6 years ago

They are the only ones you can trust to help you move the body?

8. Allen Williams profile image83
    Allen Williamsposted 6 years ago

You will never really know until you need them and then you can't be certain.  I follow the rule not to trust anyone until they probe themselves and then always keep one eye alert at all times.  You never know who will screw you to fill their own needs.  I wrote a hub about friendships and how they influence our lives.  It is something to think about. http://allenwilliams.hubpages.com/hub/I … Or-An-Idea

9. nabeelplus profile image60
    nabeelplusposted 6 years ago

you wont know untill you are in a bad situation...but i have 2 real friends who helped me alot...(M&M)

10. jencooper profile image60
    jencooperposted 6 years ago

If you don't expect anything from them, but they are always there for you if you need them.  Also it doesn't matter how much time you have been away from them, when you get finally get together it will be like no time has passed at all.

11. Admiral_Joraxx profile image80
    Admiral_Joraxxposted 6 years ago

Just be who really you are whenever you are with your friends. Just let them see the best and worse in you.
    Those who will condemn and leave you are passers by.
    Those who will accept only the good are your followers.
    Those who will accept the bad and the good are your friends.
    and those friends who not only accept, but also encourages and helps you become a better person each day are your true friends.

12. Hreichel profile image80
    Hreichelposted 6 years ago

True friends will be the ones who try to talk you out of doing something incredibly stupid, but if they can't ... will be right beside you helping you do it smile

13. AngelTrader profile image59
    AngelTraderposted 6 years ago

Real friends are the beacons of light leading you from the dark, shining with unconditional love for you.

working