jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Is it possible to be friends with your ex-lover

1. profile image55
    borowestposted 6 years ago

Is it possible to be friends with your ex-lover

2. profile image0
    lostwithinmyselfposted 6 years ago

It can indeed, I split from my ex about 12 years ago but we are still friends. It helps a lot because we have a son together too who he see's often. His a good dad but we just work better as friends. x

3. mottiandbander profile image70
    mottiandbanderposted 6 years ago

In India its really difficult to do such a thing ...not possible ...not allowed....

4. NiaLee profile image60
    NiaLeeposted 6 years ago

Possible if things are clear for each of you and your new significant others. Definitely, though we need to look into the relationship and the reason of the break up to make sure it is not source of trouble.
    lostwithmyself the fact that you guys have a child together may be the reason why and it is great that you can do it.

5. KateWest profile image78
    KateWestposted 6 years ago

Just friends? Depends on where you both are in life. Sometimes it can turn into friends-with-benefits. Always make sure you are on the same page.

6. profile image0
    jasper420posted 6 years ago

Yes it is I have been freinds with my ex for years now I think it just depends on the pearson and there situation

7. Ania L profile image83
    Ania Lposted 6 years ago

Of course it's possible, but...it depends if there was anything else than physical attraction. If there was a friendship before, then once people get over the split and start new lives, they can become friends.
    Still there is a thing for the new partners - if they are able to accept the situation or if this will make them feel awkward.
    I stayed friends with all my ex's but don't see them much anymore as we don't really have that much in common in the end.

8. JessShow profile image61
    JessShowposted 6 years ago

I think it depends on the situation because every situation is different. Obviously if you do try to stay friends with an ex-lover there has to be a lot of boundaries, maturity, and understanding. The first sign of it not being possible is if either of you still have any underlying feelings for each other that you can't let go of and it starts causing problems.

9. Through My Lens profile image60
    Through My Lensposted 6 years ago

Possible? yes, but rare. If the break up was messy, or there was cheating involved, I think it is just about impossible. If things just petered out, then it is much easier. Each situation is unique, though. I don't know that you can just create a simple rule about it.