jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Have you been provoked to say something you didn't mean and you regret saying it

1. philirodje profile image59
    philirodjeposted 6 years ago

Have you been provoked to say something you didn't mean and you regret saying it?

often times we are tempted to say or do things that we regret and sometimes these stuffs live with us a long time.

2. Nspeel profile image76
    Nspeelposted 6 years ago

Oh yeah I normally catch myself before it comes out but sometimes I do. Once I was on the phone with a cop and forgot to hang up, yea that didn't go well hahaha

3. Buffoon profile image80
    Buffoonposted 6 years ago

Nope..... Look at your question there... if one's "provoked" to say stuff, then the one with any regrets should be the one doing the provoking. That's a valid consideration, at least.

But the question is based on the very Christian thought to turn the other friggin cheek. Dude, when someone pisses on my back yard, I ought to be able to say something about it... left & right cheek be damned, you know?

I guess, though, one must sometimes reflect upon having been driven to say shit that would have otherwise been left unsaid.

Repent all you wish. Shit said is shit said, nothing to change it. So better not dwell on it too much. Better dwell on how to fix it, *if it's something you care about*. If not, then be glad you said the crap you really thought to begin with.

4. profile image49
    Sophie13posted 5 years ago

Yes when I get upset, I can only see "RED", then nothing makes sense and it becomes vary overwhelming for me. Then I explode and say hurtful things to people I love. How do I deal with this?