jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you handle your husband or wifes secrets when they finally come out?

1. CharlieNikhole profile image60
    CharlieNikholeposted 6 years ago

How do you handle your husband or wifes secrets when they finally come out?

I recently found out my husband is a RSO, I was unaware of this when we got married and I didnt find out until after leaving him (for cheating multiple times) Two days after I left he was arrested for not registereing, I have decided to get my marriage annuled because I feel like it was based on lies. What I want to know is how someone else would handle my situation?

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image87
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

Move on. You are beautiful, young, intelligent and have a future. Do not look for another relationship, it will happen when you least expected. Since he lied and your marriage was based on a lie, then do not blame yourself and go about your business. Life will get better and when life brings you someone else the past will be happily behind you.

3. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 6 years ago

Charlie....I'm sorry you had to go through this unnerving event....but, I'm very glad you are apart from this man.  You're on the right track considering an annulment.  Laws are different in every State, however, this is a form of "fraud" and you should not have any difficulties being granted an annulment.  If it begins to seem a long haul, just get a simple divorce and call it a day.  What's most important is that you continue on with your life......in a positive manner and a clean slate.  You must not blame yourself for some one else's deceit and criminal history.  I have only one other suggestion I would hope you'll take to heart.  When you believe Mr. Right has come again........have him investigated AGGRESIVELY.  You have the right and the responsibility to protect yourself.  We all do and we should.  Best of luck to you!

4. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 6 years ago

Hello CharlieNikhole. I don't have the answer, but good to see you around. I believe you have made a sound decision. Continue on your well thought through path, seeking wise counsel. Remember to smile and have fun, fun, fun, , ,

5. moonfairy profile image80
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

I would have handled it the same way you did....bravo to you! You sound like you're very strong and stood up for yourself. You've taken positive action, which is the first step in the right direction. I commend you. It's so scary to know that so many people "hide" their real selves from the people that are closest to them, and that you potentially don't really know them at all until something happens, and then it's such a shock! Carry on...the world is your oyster and the best is yet to come....this person is history!