jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Under what circumstances would you get a hysterectomy?

1. Joe Cook profile image60
    Joe Cookposted 6 years ago

Under what circumstances would you get a hysterectomy?

2. Pente profile image83
    Penteposted 6 years ago

Well, lets see. Science has advanced to the point where we can get a new body every couple decades. I decide to try out being female. It turns out the new body is slightly defective, but I can't really afford a new one yet, so I just get a hysterectomy to tide me over till I can afford a new model.

Does that answer your question?

3. jacqui2011 profile image83
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

Only if it was a medical necessity as it is a fairly serious op and the recovery time is long. An aunt of mine had a hysterectomy after discovering she had ovarian cancer.

4. profile image53
    SpaceAgeposted 6 years ago

none. i just won't. i'd want 2 keep everything i was born. w/ & not lose it.

5. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 6 years ago

Only if medically necessary -- what other reason would there be? After the baby that's currently residing in this body is out, I'm not planning on putting any more in there, so there are some parts that can go if they pose a health hazard. If there's no health hazard -- I agree with SpaceAge, I'd like to go out with the body parts that I had when I came in.

6. ambassadornchains profile image59
    ambassadornchainsposted 6 years ago

Only if necessary because of cancer or something medical.  I hear that most women, after getting a hysterectomy, lose a lot of their ability to control their mood and be kind.  I wouldn't want to lose my heart and love for others.  I know that sounds crazy and like something that can't be taken away, but changing a woman's hormones can do some crazy things...

working