jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How do you feal about gays in the military?

1. cyoung35 profile image87
    cyoung35posted 6 years ago

How do you feal about gays in the military?

2. JEDIJESSICUH profile image82
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

Frankly, I think sexuality is a non-issue. If someone wants to protect my rights and defend my country, they could be doing a paper bag for all I care. It shouldn't be an issue of whether or not a soldier is gay, but how well they do their job. Same as in every other job field.

3. Cassie Smith profile image68
    Cassie Smithposted 6 years ago

As long as gays comport themselves well and do a good job in the military, what they do off the base is their business.

4. fancifulashley profile image75
    fancifulashleyposted 6 years ago

I don't care what their sexuality is, as long as they believe in our country and defend it well. It is their choice to defend us and I thank each and every one of those soldiers. It doesn't matter what they do in their private lives, just as it shouldn't matter in any other job, profession, education program, etc.

5. b2b-sales-europe profile image59
    b2b-sales-europeposted 6 years ago

How do you feel about people thinking and articulating thoughts promoting prejudices?

Issues of any kind are raising from thinking that people can/should be judged or be seen or treated different for some reason.

Please help us all for the world to a better place and treat every person with equal respect!

6. WishhingGirl profile image61
    WishhingGirlposted 6 years ago

I personally feel like if they want to do this wonderful service to our country they should.  Gay guys make some straight guys uneasy, which in the military it would be best for one to feel as comfortable as you can be while doing your job.  I know a wonderful gay Marine who loves his job, but can't fully be himself.

7. profile image0
    kathyann0026tsposted 6 years ago

Not in my foxhole. I don't want no guy comming onto me. And, I don't want to be forced to buy soap on the rope all the time.

8. Eric Prado profile image77
    Eric Pradoposted 5 years ago

If a gay man or gay woman wants to stand up and fight for their country, why the hell not? That is a non-issue.