Which gender influences the other more frequently?

1. Denise Handlon profile image89
    Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago

Which gender influences the other more frequently?

I wonder: Do men influence women more in relationships (to change) or do women influence men more in relationships?  What do you think?

2. Pamela N Red profile image86
    Pamela N Redposted 6 years ago

It has more to do with dominance than gender. Some personalities are just more persuasive than others and take the lead in the relationship.

Also as we get older both sides change to a more comfortable fit with the each other taking on their spouses mannerisms and speech patterns.

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

If we look at society historically men have been "in charge" of most tribes and nations. Men who are respected and admired by (other men) are usually admired by women as well. However most people look for mentors they can identify with whether it be by sex, age, race, economic background, or faith. From a relationship point of few it depends on who the woman is and who the man is.

From a marketing point of view it would appear that women put a lot more effort into attracting a man/husband then men do in attracting woman/wife. There are tons of cosmetic proceedures, magazines, books/workshops raking in billions of dollars offering advice to women as to "How to find and keep a good man".  How to preapre the "engagement chicken" dinner, creams & lotions claiming to make one look 10 years younger, shoes that claim to shape your butt. Most of the diet books and informercials are geared towards women as if there were no fat men. However as I mentioned in a previous hub about this subject there is no "hidden agenda".  These companies are in business to make money! If this stuff didn't sell they would not make it. A man on the other hand is more likely to purchase a "How to get rich" book rather than a "How to improve my relationship" book.
    The person who jumps through the most hoops to attract another is the one being influenced. Men tend to believe "If I'm rich I can have any woman I want" and a lot of women believe "If I'm HOT I can have any man I want". "Bait is bait" I suppose.
    http://dashingscorpio.hubpages.com/hub/ … ease-women