jump to last post 1-18 of 18 discussions (18 posts)

What is the best lesson you have ever learnt from opposite gender?

1. Vishaaa profile image77
    Vishaaaposted 6 years ago

What is the best lesson you have ever learnt from opposite gender?

2. iamanasha profile image61
    iamanashaposted 6 years ago

I learned from men that there is everything right with being yourself.  Especially with confidence.  It is the epitome of beauty, loveliness and sexy!

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

Women are equal to men!

When I was growing up there was still a notion to teach boys and young men to place girls and women on somewhat of a "pedestal". In hindsight I suspect much of chivalry is based in sexism. (Considering women to be the “weaker” sex).
    In many respects men tended to treat women like children rather than equal partners.
    Women were to be “looked after” and “protected”.
    This was long before we had TV shows such as "Cheaters" or "The Maury Povich Show" which illustrate that women are just as capable of lying, cheating, and abusing as much as men.

Today in the business world women are seen as “competitors” and in the private world they are seen as “partners” and not dependents.
    Unfortunately there are people of both sexes that prefer the old way versus the new and vice versa. It’s difficult to view someone as being “special” and “equal” all at once.
    Chivalry gave way to Equality!

4. profile image0
    Dandraposted 6 years ago

That if men had periods, there would be something called "international period day" or something...lol...

Seriously, I've learnt that men and women have equal amounts of emotional neuroses, men just hide them better (sometimes).

5. ravenlt04 profile image63
    ravenlt04posted 6 years ago

Tell it how it is!  Men appreciate the honest AND SHORT truth!

6. profile image48
    vance42posted 6 years ago

my mother,s teaching ,,,for me to be kind and gentel to women,pets,and childern and to always show repect to all adults and try to help and be nice to the elders no matter there race or place in life ....and that god loves us all

7. ChristineVianello profile image61
    ChristineVianelloposted 6 years ago

Don't try to please everyone, it's impossible.

8. Ashantina profile image59
    Ashantinaposted 6 years ago

I had a very interesting bf many years ago who taught me a heck of a lot, more than he knew.......... and one of them was to just be you.

9. Ludivine profile image61
    Ludivineposted 6 years ago

Men are men, don't try to change them , even if you really want to.

10. flying_fish profile image75
    flying_fishposted 6 years ago

... Not to assume that something someone says is representative of everything one has to say about anything - I had a Wife who I'd always listen to, but with such narrow appraisal that I'd take a single statement to be definitive of her perspective, which in actuality was much wider (and wiser) than any single statement could express...

Stopping to widen my own perspective on her words, her actions, and herself in general helped me to appreciate her as an indefinably dynamic and wondrous person - and I rarely make the mistake anymore of seeing anyone's words as their LAST word on a subject.

11. KateWest profile image77
    KateWestposted 6 years ago

Not everyone thinks the way you do. Especially the opposite sex.

12. Ancillotti profile image60
    Ancillottiposted 6 years ago

Women taught me how deep love can reach. Although I do not understand this love that the mother has for a child is something divine and indescribable.

13. zob2zob profile image60
    zob2zobposted 6 years ago

That no matter who they are they are never going to be as superior or as arrogant as they would like to portray, & for the main of the time it is a wall they have built up for protection, and if you look carefully beneath the surface, you will see a really lovely person!!

14. jpcmc profile image88
    jpcmcposted 6 years ago

Everyone wants to be treated fairly and with respect.

15. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

We are NOT the same............no matter how much we each might strive for fairness and equality.........we are NOT the same creatures.

16. maria.rose profile image35
    maria.roseposted 6 years ago

it impossible  to change anyone...............

17. yshashikant profile image69
    yshashikantposted 6 years ago

Treat them like angels. Well, thats what i have learnt. We see people crying over the gender equality, i think i m with it. But we still are a lot of different than the women.
    I guess everything is different.

18. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 6 years ago

To stop at all the red lights,and not to try and mix oil and water together.