jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Should someone who's gay be able to have a job as a preacher?

1. OutsideTheLines profile image60
    OutsideTheLinesposted 6 years ago

Should someone who's gay be able to have a job as a preacher?

2. cobrien profile image76
    cobrienposted 6 years ago

No. I am not homophobic but society needs preachers who can be emulated and God doesn't approve of homosexuality.

3. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 6 years ago

It depends on the religion/denomination. If it's one that preaches hellfire for homosexuals, then obviously this is not a good place for a gay preacher. If, however, it's focused more on the love of all God's (or higher power of choice) people, then orientation shouldn't matter any more than gender or race.

4. bambamnpebbles profile image60
    bambamnpebblesposted 6 years ago

WOW! Gotta love this. I should talk it out. I am prone to women, I have an absolute love for my Father and Savior Jesus..I can do bad all by myself and I am allowing the Lord to deal with me. You should also ask the question "Is there any perfect pastor?" If one answers yes, read the Word baby! "There is none perfect; no, not one." I'm not sure.....Ups sug!

5. profile image47
    karkarrrposted 6 years ago

In my own opinion YES. A person's sexual orientation does/should not affect their beliefs, judgment, or faith. God did say 'Love your neighbor as you love thyself' not 'Love your STRAIGHT neighbor as you love thyself'. Being gay, straight, black, white, brown, or whatever is irrelevant when it comes to your faith and belief in God. So yes, job as a preacher should be based on your strength, faith, and belief in the religion, NOT of your sexual orientation.

6. Jackie Lynnley profile image88
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 6 years ago

Not in the Christian Church, no. The bible gives clear rules of what a pastor should be and "he" should be the husband of one wife to start with. Anyone looking for the truth can find it clearly in the bible. We cannot just think up our own answers. Loving your brother has nothing to do with what God commands on all things. We search the word and it's truth to show ourselves approved.

working