jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

You’re talking with people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a

1. Jangaplanet profile image78
    Jangaplanetposted 6 years ago

You’re talking with people you respect and admire.  They all start criticizing a close friend...

not knowing she is your friend.  The criticism is distasteful and unjustified.  What do you do?

2. nemanjaboskov profile image73
    nemanjaboskovposted 6 years ago

How can you keep respecting people that would do such a thing...?
    I would immediately stop them and defend my friend.

3. tobusiness profile image88
    tobusinessposted 6 years ago

Its possible they are testing you to see what kind of friend you are, either way I would like to think, in your place i would have the courage of my conviction and tell them how i feel

4. NiaLee profile image62
    NiaLeeposted 6 years ago

I stop them and let them know that I know that person and that this allegations are false, and that they need to stop and wonder why those people said those things about that person.
    It happened to me and I let the lady know that this was my childhood friend and that she couldn't criticize me in my presence, same thing with a co worker.
    I am a trustworthy friend...and have been hurt and almost destroyed by lies and gossips of jealous and ignorant people. I neither participate to it nor participate to that. That is a serious matter, those words can hurt and destroy, let's stop the evil circle.
    It it the trap of those people who go around destroying other people's character because they have personal issues. We need not feed them or support their effort. Imagine you are the person talked about and react the right way.
    Love and peace upon all

5. brittanytodd profile image93
    brittanytoddposted 6 years ago

Tell them that their statements are "distasteful and unjustified."  It may change your perception of those people.

6. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i'd would stand up for my friend no matter who was talking about them. i don't admire or respect many people outside my friends so it wouldn't matter. if it was another friend i would tell them they should shut up and at least have the balls to say it to the person's face.