jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Insecure because of your ex criticizing your personality. What do you do?

1. benashiraz profile image71
    benashirazposted 5 years ago

Insecure because of your ex criticizing your personality. What do you do?

What do you when your personality is very deeply affected, because your ex-boyfriend used to tell you that you're not so good looking, and you're short and immature and that he could get almost anybody but sticked out for you. When you feel low and extremely insecure and frustrated, what do you do to forget the things that echo in your head.

2. bizarrett81 profile image69
    bizarrett81posted 5 years ago

our bodies and brains are very affected by thought.  If someone said these things and it makes you feel lousy, then you believed it.  Start trying to be positive, even if it feels like the most fake thing in the world.  If you keep telling yourself, "I am beautiful, I am strong, I am important, I have faults (cuz we all do) but I am human and deserve respect and kindess", then eventually it will be true! Reality is subjective, what you think will be real to you... Don't let someone else's opinion be your reality.  That person obviously had his own issues of self respect and respect for others and therefore his opinions should be forgotten...

1. teacherjoe52 profile image72
      teacherjoe52posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good morning.

The praise of others ought not be sought by those who live righteously. Augustine.

Jesus loves me just as I am.

I have learned a long time ago sweet child that others opinions do not matter to me as much as does Jesus'.

God bless.

2. benashiraz profile image71
      benashirazposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You're absolutely right. If you keep living your life with the negativities still stuck deep into your head, then you can never live as a lively spirit. You can only live as a dummy or a hollow man then. So one has to nip the evil in the bud.

3. ketage profile image81
    ketageposted 5 years ago

Just remember that people who belittle others, are insecure and boost their own ego by making others feel bad about themselves.
    Think about what kind of character would insult their girlfriend, a person who does that is not even worth thinking about. I would advise you to count your blessings that he is an ex-boyfriend, good riddance. And forget him as soon as possible.

working