jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Have you ever done something you regret out of fear?

1. ambassadornchains profile image58
    ambassadornchainsposted 6 years ago

Have you ever done something you regret out of fear?

What was it and did you get the opportunity to turn it around?

2. Neil Sperling profile image84
    Neil Sperlingposted 6 years ago

I am totally afraid to answer this post honestly!

3. LanaLu profile image61
    LanaLuposted 6 years ago

I act impulsively all the time but I have never done anything that I regret to the point of wanting to go back and change the outcome. I take everything as a lesson learned.

4. epigramman profile image70
    epigrammanposted 6 years ago

.....I wouldn't say this is out of fear but I do regret not having my dad around (he was my best friend as was my mum) to see my success here as a writer at Hubpages over the past year and a half.  He passed away back in 1992 and was a writer himself - writing over 69 novels and 1 book of memoirs of his experiences in World War II as a Canadian soldier but never had any of his writing published. His legacy will be that of a wonderful father and husband and provider to his family.  You see his writing was just a hobby and he had a full time job.   lake erie time ontario canada 4:34pm

5. brittanytodd profile image93
    brittanytoddposted 6 years ago

Neil may regret his answer later.  Haha.  I think I have done a few things I regret and they were done out of fear, but like LanaLu says, everything that occurs to a person is something that shapes who they are now.  We should all try not to regret things, because there is no change to come from something that happened in the past.

6. phoenixarizona profile image68
    phoenixarizonaposted 6 years ago

All the time.  I have written so much fiction, poetry etc. I write it with intent that someone will read it, but don't ever allow any one to. Some call it self sabotage, others an occupational hazard, I call it fear of my art being misinterpreted. But then, when I do write something and work up enough courage to show it such as writing under a pen name on a particular website the feedback I receive is great!

7. brandasaur profile image60
    brandasaurposted 6 years ago

All my attempts for suicide.. i regret them all.