jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the meaning of love?

1. Ruchi Urvashi profile image75
    Ruchi Urvashiposted 6 years ago

What is the meaning of love?

2. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago

3. vrbmft profile image81
    vrbmftposted 6 years ago

In a sense, love has no meaning.  It is an experience.  The experience of love gives you an instinctive and intuitive awareness that you are somebody, somebody valuable, not based upon any of your accomplishments, but based solely on the reality of your existence.   You are valuable because you exist, because you were invited into creation by God.  The experience of love begins at the very beginning, when you first pop out or perhaps even before that.  But when we do first pop out, those initial moments, initial days, weeks, months, of making the connection with people who love us for no good reason, but just do, begins the possibility of maturing into a loving adult, who can both give and receive love, who has compassion and empathy, who knows eventually what it is to be response able and accountable.  In tennis, love is zero, no score.  And so in relationships, love is just love, no winning, no losing, just being, being valuable, being loving and being loved.  Perhaps we are invited into existence solely to love and be loved and to keep love loving.

4. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

Love is an (emotion or feeling) one has for a person, place, or thing. Each of us defines it in our own way. Some require a lot of attention in order to "feel" loved and others only need to hear the words or see the actions of another to feel loved. We all have our "list" that states if she/he loves me they will do....etc Unfortunately sometimes what one needs in order to "feel" loved is not how their partner "naturally expresses" love. This may cause someone to breakup with a person who loves them but not in (the way) they "want or need" to be loved. Other times it's the "right love" coming from the "wrong person". For whatever reason we're not "into them". Life is crazy sometimes.

5. juiwei2000 profile image60
    juiwei2000posted 6 years ago

phiosopher, psychologst and scientist, have been trying to answer that question for centuries, with no luck, but here i guess the real question is, what dose love mean to you smile

6. redhera profile image37
    redheraposted 6 years ago

I think love is a profound feeling or liking, a passionate affection for another person. We are all entitled to love and be loved it is a mutual feeling and i think love should be combined with understanding, kindness,thoughtfulness, faithfulness,warmness and most of all trust and sacrifice^_-