jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

I know very nice men who live in filthy homes. What's wrong with them? A type of

1. SylviaSky profile image95
    SylviaSkyposted 6 years ago

I know very nice men who live in filthy homes. What's wrong with them? A type of aggression?

Their apartments or trailers or houses should be condemned, They hoard, they never sweep or clean, grimy junk is everywhere, windows dirty, they leave flystrips coated with dead flies hanging up; one broke off his faucet and uses a hammered tin can instead....this is not normal, is it? Do they hate themselves? Do they know it's not okay? They all do seem to have some hatred of society or politics. Family photos show that they did not grow up in filthy homes.

2. nybride710 profile image60
    nybride710posted 6 years ago

In my situation, yes it was a form of passive aggression.  My ex-husband had two college degrees, yet he refused to better himself and we lived in a house that was ultimately condemed.  My own family called child protection because of the filth that we lived in, but he didn't seem to see it.  He was forever starting projects and promising to improve the place, but never followed through.  We lived there nearly 13 years before I took our daughters and moved to a cleaner, safer environment.

3. ronhi profile image75
    ronhiposted 6 years ago

few men bother to concentrate on tiny things. they would rather do smt big than the small stuff like tiding up the house. Of-course there is always an exception

4. Marlena Oechsner profile image59
    Marlena Oechsnerposted 6 years ago

Quite honestly, I see it as a type of laziness. Before I moved in with my boyfriend, his house was a dump. He had magazines and clothes from ten years ago that he never threw out. There were boxes and baskets filled with junk everywhere in his house. He never did dishes, unless he absolutely had to. Eventually, I started throwing things out because I couldn't stand the mess. I know if I didn't keep the house clean, it would go right back to the way it was, but at least it is livable now. He was a hoarder, but I've gotten him to change his ways. You just have to put your foot down and say that you want a nice house. And either you will clean the house you share or you will move out and keep your own house clean. wink

5. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

Some guys just don't care about that sort of thing. However quite a few will spruce up their places when they are still trying to impress a new woman. LOL!
    I suspect many men are used to having someone else do the housework. (Maybe growing up they didn't have to do it.) Mothers and sisters took care of that stuff while they helped dad with yard work, house painting, and other "manly" projects.
    Unfortunately this type of up bringing doesn't prepare men for living alone.

6. profile image35
    LORD ENKIposted 6 years ago

NO not agression.NO SELF RESPECT AT ALL.Some people are content to live like a PIG!

7. litsabd profile image76
    litsabdposted 6 years ago

For me there is only one reason for that as I have seen way too many of them : lack of self respect.

working