jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is love over rated

1. profile image47
    devonehibblerposted 6 years ago

Is love over rated

2. profile image0
    MP50posted 6 years ago

My experience with Love is, it can Painful or Beautiful.  Love has no boundaries so I don't think it is overated, just be careful how you use it. Just my humble input.

3. engelfantasydream profile image59
    engelfantasydreamposted 6 years ago

BIGGGG NOOOOOO!!!..you mean HUMAN ARE OVER RATED..we give love a bad name..LOVE IS DESIGN for goodness and happiness..we people only define it as it is..whatever definition you have about LOVE...reflects to what kind of person you are and how you LOVE other people whether higher form of love or romantically speaking..so only FOOL WOULD SAY LOVE IS OVER RATED or LOVE IS PAINFUL...or rather say HE IS OVER RATED AND SHE IS PAINFUL lolsss..

4. juiwei2000 profile image60
    juiwei2000posted 6 years ago

Love is definitly over rated, love can be a tool to encourage good, but sometime it can also be a tool other use to hurt you and it sometime let you over disarm yourself towards another person and as a result, make it easy for that person to stab you, if you disarm in front of the wrong person.  Just because you love somebody, do not necessary mean that person love you.  Romantic love are the best examples of all, how often do we see a person got their heart broken over some heartless gold digger?

5. profile image54
    kdawsonposted 6 years ago

Depends on the love.  I believe romantic love is over rated and, in its traditional guise, almost nonexistent.  Most people marry because they're horny and dream up scenarios that justify this and make themselves believe they're 'in love.'  True love, I think, comes over time after people have made their commitment to one another despite the flaws, mistakes, spats, et al.  This type of love might be considered low level and unexciting, but it lasts.  As for the idea that everybody has a 'perfect someone somewhere,' this is perfect nonsense.

6. profile image0
    AntonOfTheNorthposted 6 years ago

For me, love has three features:

It is permanent
    It is unconditional
    It desires the Empowerment of that which is loved

Anything else is simply not love.  Like, affection, attraction, need, want, yes.

Are these other things powerful, intoxicating, addicting?  yes

Can these other things lead to pain and suffering, sure.

But if you are feeling a permanent, unconditional desire to empower someone, then (and only then in my humble opinion) you love them. 

If you don't, its something else.

So no, not overrated.  To my mind that which we value most features love.

I can't think of any situation, good or bad, that is not improved by love.

Let the games begin!  smile

7. Toni Miller profile image61
    Toni Millerposted 6 years ago

Love is only to be used with food,  travel, and relatives. Anything other that that is 'straight suicide. Just my opinion. Thanks