jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Can it be considered a betrayal?

1. Anesthesiologist profile image60
    Anesthesiologistposted 6 years ago

Can it be considered a betrayal?

Can agreement on an intimate meeting, which was disclosed and therefore not held be considered a betrayal?

2. auge profile image60
    augeposted 6 years ago

Yes, becouse a person is already thinking about betraying, so next time it would be the same.

3. jacqui2011 profile image85
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

I agree with auge, the intention was there so in my opinion it would still be a betrayal.

4. capricornrising profile image61
    capricornrisingposted 6 years ago

It was a betrayal before the meeting was scheduled, when the meeting was even considered.

5. Steve Orion profile image77
    Steve Orionposted 6 years ago

In a way, it sure is a form of it. All falls within the definition of deception.

6. Ramsa1 profile image61
    Ramsa1posted 6 years ago

Yes. Thinking of something is as good as doing it. Lusting after a woman is the same as adultery, and hating your brother is the same as murder.

7. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 6 years ago

Of course it is a betrayal, especially if whatever was disclosed was disclosed recklessly.  I can actually relate to this because I did something like this before but it was with good intention.  I informed a relative of some information that I felt would give them a heads up on "the reason for their childs behavior".  This was information that I knew because the person shared it with me.  Instead of using it productively, they chose to tell the person what I told them, making it seem as though I betrayed them, just to severe whatever relationship they were jealous of.  That is why it's not worth it to help or get involve in helping people because you never know their intentions or their heart (unless you really know them).  If whatever information was disclosed recklessly with mal intent, your best bet is to remove yourself from that person forever, it doesn't matter who they are! 

Ooops I read your question wrong....nevertheless I will leave my comment regardless if it is sort of off topic.  To answer the question to some degree it is but it's really not that serious because whatever was supposed to be discussed was not discussed elsewhere.

8. Melissa-Chavez profile image61
    Melissa-Chavezposted 6 years ago

i personally would consider it so... and i see i am not the only one.

9. Nefarious_Misery profile image66
    Nefarious_Miseryposted 6 years ago

I'm also in agreement with the majority here. You showed intent. Just because you backed out of it and confessed doesn't get you off the hook. You showed that not only were you considering cheating, but you met someone, discussed it, and made plans to meet and act it out.

Sorry, you're already a cheater in my book regardless of if you went through with it or not.

10. vaishnavi iyengar profile image57
    vaishnavi iyengarposted 6 years ago

obviously.......yes as he has the intension to betray