jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How would you explain Love being shown in "reactions" not "actions"?

1. jerrysaliu profile image58
    jerrysaliuposted 6 years ago

How would you explain Love being shown in "reactions" not "actions"?

2. MickeySr profile image81
    MickeySrposted 6 years ago

I can't stop thinking about her when she's away, and I can't stop looking at her when she's near.

3. profile image0
    AntonOfTheNorthposted 6 years ago

Actions and reactions alike are a response to specific input, whether feelings (internal) or other actions (external)

Whether or not the action/reaction is motivated by love is ususally interpreted by an observer, and not always correctly.

It is the actor/reactor who is best placed to assess whether or not the action is motivated by love.

That requires the actor to be brutally honest with themselves if they want the truth.

All of this dependent on how you define love.

If i'm acting/reacting for my interests, it isn't love

If I'm acting/reacting for yours, assuming you are someone I profess to love, it might be.

But so many other emotions are tangled and confused with love.  (desire, need, want, kindness, affection) that it is often hard to determine whether your reaction is a loving one, or a need/want/desire one.

Not sure if that approaches the question, but offered honestly.

4. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 6 years ago

Great Question, it seems that alot of people confuse love with certain reactions that they are looking to receive because of whatever they have done to initiate it.  OK here we go.....if you do something with intention of getting a response that spells, represents or smells like LOVE don't!  Don't set yourself up for a response that doesn't represent anything, much less love.  There are some folk that are oblivious to these type of Love games and although they may love you deeply, they may score very low at your games which in return will make you feel that they do not love you.  If you need to go that far to check in on your other halves love meter, maybe you two aren't in love or you are expecting way too much of....... for whatever reason.  Being in this thing called Love has no definition.  All you know is that you want more, more and more of this stranger and what they have to offer! (Outside of coming into your life and filling in whatever blanks your never imagined could be filled. 

P.S.  If you are lost in the dark about whatever, ask that person.  It's that simple!!! You have done everything intimate under the sun, so to ask them a question shouldn't be so difficult.

5. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Actions start reactions. Love actions are reactions to how you feel. In truth, there is not an actual action. Everything is a reaction.

6. juiwei2000 profile image61
    juiwei2000posted 6 years ago

People respond towards their own evaluation of a situation not the situation itself.  When a person have an emotional response, it is a response towards their own evaluation.  Now, love is an emotional response, so the rest goes without saying