jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How would you go about getting to know a person you should have no reason to wan

1. toys-everywhere profile image60
    toys-everywhereposted 6 years ago

How would you go about getting to know a person you should have no reason to want to know?

For instance, someone you've seen a lot but never speak with other than nonpersonal, business-like conversations. The lady at Subway, the bum on the highway, the guy that works at the library?

2. profile image0
    vinsanityposted 6 years ago

Just talk to them. Maybe tell them that you see them everyday and just wanted to know their story.

3. GoodLady profile image93
    GoodLadyposted 6 years ago

Say "hello" to them. 
    Once  upon a time, one would  wave a hand at someone you passed (in respect for sharing the road, neighborly) or, if you were a man, you'd tip your hat at them.
    I'd say "hello" in that same respectful way, possibly make a comment about the weather, or the state of the road, nothing  overly intimate.
    I'd give them a second or two more of my time when I said this, wait for a  reply.
    If I got one, then we'd be on the way to saying a few things more.
    If not, then I'd try it again the next day and the next afterwards...a gradual respectful approach.

4. catchpennyfashion profile image58
    catchpennyfashionposted 6 years ago

How do you know you have to reason to want to know them if you don't take the time to get to know them? Perhaps you share the same interest or hobbies. I think you should go about like you do when getting to know anyone. Just say hi and start a conversation. Look for things you might have in common and start a conversation from there.