jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What should you do if your best friend is in trouble?

1. aDayInMyLife1 profile image90
    aDayInMyLife1posted 6 years ago

What should you do if your best friend is in trouble?

From personal experience, I can recognize the signs of emotional abuse and financial troubles in one of me friends marriage. She just doesn't see the signs yet and keeps changing her behavior, and secluded herself to keep him happy. I'm am afraid for her. Any advice?

2. profile image0
    mikeq107posted 6 years ago

Well if you get in the middle and she is not asking for help...they can both turn on you....best thing is to do nothing...except just keep up the friendship and eventully she will confide in you of her own accord and even then dont tell her what to do...let her make her own decisions....she has to own this or she will not grow or learn... Its like seeing a person in the gutter...if you help them out when they are not asking for help...they will kick you back in later...she will come round eventually and even if she does not...dont interfere...just be her friend...Ok thats my ten cents worth...Hang in There...
    Mike :0)

3. Sheila Lee profile image61
    Sheila Leeposted 6 years ago

Unless she asked for advice or asked for help, I would stay out of it. Be there to support her, listen to her, but don't butt in. It could really cause trouble not only for her but for your friendship with her as well.

4. CookiesNoCrumbs profile image61
    CookiesNoCrumbsposted 6 years ago

what should you do If your best friend is in trouble? Pray for direction and wisdom before approaching her. When given the direction speak without being judgmental and most importantly emphasize that whatever decisions that she makes you will be there to support her 100%. Keeping in mind that no one is perfect and simple because a friend in deed in a friend in need. Last but not least a true friend laughs with you, cries with you, encourages you, protects you, stands in the gap with you, tells you the truth no matter what, a real friend accepts constructive criticism.