jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What do you do when you find your best friend stealing from you?

1. Cutters profile image59
    Cuttersposted 6 years ago

What do you do when you find your best friend stealing from you?

2. Allen Williams profile image83
    Allen Williamsposted 6 years ago

Beat him to the brink of death.  I believe in torture so that low life that has the guts to steal from me will never let it cross his mind again.  He will be hanging by threads to stay alive.  Did I mention that I don't give second chances?  He would not be a friend of mine any longer.

3. michelemacwrites profile image79
    michelemacwritesposted 6 years ago

Well first of all, you would realise that he/she is not your best friend.  After the initial shock of the theft wears off, I would mention the missing item/s to give said "best friend" the opportunity to come clean.  If I am absolutely certain that this person is indeed guilty and no apology or explanation is forthcoming, I will either officially end the friendship by explaining my disappointment and the matter of betrayal of trust.  I will leave the door open so that he/she could approach me if they ever wished to come clean of the incident.  The other option would be to leave it alone and simply keep the person at a safe distance in the future.  This would include not hanging out together in any social situations and naturally not having that person over to my home, ever again.

4. ubanichijioke profile image76
    ubanichijiokeposted 6 years ago

Call him or her to order. Talk to the person but don't use violence.

5. instantlyfamily profile image82
    instantlyfamilyposted 6 years ago

It would depend on how long we were friends and what exactly they stole. And if I had proof....I wouldn't want to throw away a long time friendship unless I knew for sure. And I would also want to know WHY?!

6. LADYGIRL profile image61
    LADYGIRLposted 6 years ago

First of all, ask them why did you steal from me? And tell them, by stealing from me you have lost my trust in you tremendously.  Let then know it will be a long time before you can trusted them again. Friendship is completely build on trust and being honest it goes hand and hand.

7. anupma profile image80
    anupmaposted 6 years ago

I will say him/her: "Dear friend, you need not to steal anything, what I have is yours. So if you want anything you can take it even without my permission, but not like this. Forget and take the thing forever. If I know that you like it, certainly I offer it to you earlier. . . I trust you babe, so never break it."
    I am sure these words will change his/her attitude.

8. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

If he is stealing my wife, he's welcome to her with my blessings. No not really.
    If I caught him stealing something valuable, I'd call the police.