How would you take this? Good or bad?

1. Sheila Lee profile image60
    Sheila Leeposted 6 years ago

How would you take this? Good or bad?

If you broke up with your long-time spouse, cut off all communications, and they did something deceitful (not in a hurtful or mean way) to get in touch with you (via the internet), would you take this as a bad thing or would you take it as they miss you but didn't act appropriately?

2. Felixedet2000 profile image56
    Felixedet2000posted 6 years ago

i will tell you my candid position and that is: i will see it as an effort by the person to get back on with the relationship and if one is OK with the move i see nothing bad in there, except there is an ulterior motive somewhere.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

You can't control what another person does. Your only choice is how you react to them. Since you point out the ex was not reaching out to be hurtful or mean I can't see how you could view it as being "bad". If anything you'd have to give them points for being "creative" or finding away around your attempt to cut off all communication. However in the end you still have the option to ignore or not respond to a message you receive.
    Unless you are dealing with a very "toxic person" having the approach of "I'm never going to speak to you again" can come across as childish or foolish after a bit of time has passed. It basically sends the message that you are still affected by what was said or done in the past. The opposite of love is not hate. It's indifference.