jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How long should you wait after divorcing before dating again?

1. YvetteParker profile image75
    YvetteParkerposted 6 years ago

How long should you wait after divorcing before dating again?

2. marlynpumphrey profile image78
    marlynpumphreyposted 6 years ago

I guess it depends on the situation.  I started dating 2 months after we seperated.  But I saw it more as making new friends and keeping my options open.  We fell out of love about 6 months prior to our split and I was ready to move on after we had seperated.

3. juiwei2000 profile image60
    juiwei2000posted 6 years ago

As long as he/she can no longer use it to squeeze more money out of you, right away!!!

4. Ashleymckinnon profile image80
    Ashleymckinnonposted 6 years ago

I would say that is purely on a case-by-case situation. Do you feel like you learned your lesson from the first marriage? Do you feel like you can get through a day without getting mad, sad or frustrated with your ex? If you can't, this is not a situation to start dating someone new. This is toxic and you need time to heal. Jumping into a relationship with someone new when the last relationship is still a fresh wound can be a trainwreck waiting to happen. But, if you were unhappy for a long time in the relationship and out of love for a while, then I would say you're ready. However, I would think if you're asking this question, you're not ready. If you need reassurance, you're not ready.

5. YvetteParker profile image75
    YvetteParkerposted 6 years ago

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on this question. There seems to be no rule of thumb, but more of a case by case basis (Marlynpumphrey and Ashleymckinnon).

working