jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

When you're taking a shower how long should you leave the soap on before you rin

1. TheHoleStory profile image80
    TheHoleStoryposted 3 years ago

When you're taking a shower how long should you leave the soap on before you rinse it off?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12182122_f260.jpg

2. Zelkiiro profile image95
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

Soap usually works its magic pretty quickly. You can give it a few seconds to battle evil with its lathery charms before safely washing away all the corruption that has been wrought. And the day is saved!

...My bar of soap is level 84. It battles a lot of evil.

3. GrimRascal profile image61
    GrimRascalposted 3 years ago

Perhaps 3-5 minutes would be ideal. I don't think much about it though. big_smile

4. profile image0
    Robin Hartmanposted 3 years ago

I'm weird about this. I hate the feeling of soap in my "creases" so I wash it off pretty much right away. So, I'd say after a few seconds, you're good to go.

Maybe follow the "ABC" rule lol.

5. Rachel L Alba profile image94
    Rachel L Albaposted 3 years ago

I leave it on as long as it takes to shave my legs.

6. adriantos7 profile image60
    adriantos7posted 3 years ago

Give it five minutes to remove the bacteria

7. cam8510 profile image96
    cam8510posted 3 years ago

The shower is a warm,  wet environment, and we carry bacteria into that perfect place for it to grow.   Get the soap on, scrub, get the soap off, and get out.  Long showers promote bacterial growth after the soap has had its initial effect.

8. iskhoso profile image60
    iskhosoposted 3 years ago

I think 3-5 five minutes are sufficient if one is using anti-bacterial soap.

9. Chelsea Dyan profile image61
    Chelsea Dyanposted 3 years ago

I use a small towel into which I lather the soap first and then I rub the towel on my body. Right after, I immediately rinse off the soap

working