jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why do people try so hard to be accepted by others?

1. FaithDream profile image82
    FaithDreamposted 6 years ago

Why do people try so hard to be accepted by others?

It seems they try so hard to be accepted and to be liked. Why is it so important to be accepted by a certain group, or be a member of club, or be seen with someone important?

2. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

Underlying the desire to be accepted by others is the desire to belong and behind it is the fear of alone ness..

3. sassysexybossy profile image61
    sassysexybossyposted 6 years ago

I think that they want to feel important.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

As much as we celebrate individuality no one wants to be the odd person out. We learn as kids that no matter how great your parents tell you that you are if none of the kids you go to school with make you feel it then you don't believe it's true. A father can tell his daughter she is beautiful from sun up to sun down but when the prom comes around and not a single guy asks her out....she won't feel so beautiul. It's human nature to think "If I'm so wonderful, why is it no one wants to be with me?" In America we always describe the serial killer as "a loner, someone who kept to themself....etc"
    We value popularity/fame which explains why Facebook and other social networking media insists on showing us the number of "friends" or "followers" one has. Some people fall in love with having their own website links, Youtube, and other devices that leave a cyber footprint. Andy Warhol once said, "In the future everyone will be famous for fifteen minutes". Today you can google practically anyone and find something about that person.

5. mackyi profile image64
    mackyiposted 6 years ago

I am quite sure you have heard of personality or personality traits; well, that's just the personality of some people. While some people really don't care whether you like them or not, there are others who will do any and everything to get people to like them or accept them into their company.