jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How many men can date a woman who won't have sex until she is married and remain

1. mdiggs1234 profile image78
    mdiggs1234posted 6 years ago

How many men can date a woman who won't have sex until she is married and remain faithful to her ?

2. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 6 years ago

I'm sure there are a great deal of men who would remain faithful. I think that sex does not make or break a man's faithfulness to his wife. If he was truly a loyal man, he would not need sex to sustain himself. Same goes for women. He may speak with his intended bride and explain he has urges and feels the need to relieve them, but a true lover would know that it is worth the wait if it is for the one you love.

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

Whenever two "like minded people" get together it's very easy. This is especially true of other cultures outside of the West.
    Having said that the underlying definition of a "Monogamous relationship" means a person will not have sex outside of their relationship BECAUSE they already have someone who is there for them physically and emotionally. In fact one definition of monogamy is: "The practice or state of having a sexual relationship with only one partner."
    For the most part we call sexless adult relationships "platonic relationships". There is no such thing as being "faithfully platonic".

What separates "romantic love" from friendship, paternal, and sibling love is (our desire to be physically intimate) with our significant other. The typical sexually active guy is not likely to go for the no sex until marriage arrangement. He is aware of the potential pitfall of getting married to someone who he is not sexually compatible with. A woman who wants this type of arrangement is better off dating a very religious man or a man who comes from a culture that places a high value on virginity.
    In America the older one becomes the less value we place on their virginity. No one gets stoked to be with a 35 or 45 year old virgin.

4. AlexK2009 profile image94
    AlexK2009posted 6 years ago

Only those who have a libido so low that lack of sex is likely to  mean the marriage breaks up, or those who prefer men but are in denial.

Monogamy is unnatural anyway. There are cultures where monogamy is rare and some where it is deprecated. I am researching data on this

Those religions that insist on monogamy are tools of social control, focused on power,  and in love with violence, not paths to spiritual development. 

I largely agree with Dashing Scorpio and disagree with Phoebe Pike.

5. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

never. it wouldn't even cross my mind. there is no way i would marry a woman without having sex first.i wouldn't screw around on her, i would break up with her within a few weeks though.

6. soconfident profile image83
    soconfidentposted 6 years ago

The only man who can stay faithful to her is one that is ready to settle down