jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why do hubbers post personal questions?

1. hoteltravel profile image70
    hoteltravelposted 6 years ago

Why do hubbers post personal questions?

Hubpages Q&A rules discourage purely personal answers. But I find a lot of personal questions here. What is the motive behind these questions. Is it part of research for a hub? Or just curiosity?

2. Africanus profile image58
    Africanusposted 6 years ago

Two cliches:-
    'A problem shared is a problem halved,' and 'two (or more) heads are better than one'.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I see you haven't gotten a serious answer to this question.  I agree with you - I see a lot of personal questions here regarding girlfriends, love lives etc.  I wonder if the person asking does not fully realize what Hubpages is about--

And I would bet the most of them are posed by younger people.  Have you ever been to YAHOO! Questions?  That is place is made for and full of personal and often obscene questions and I wonder if the people here, asking those personal questions, think that this area is more like YAHOO!

I think we could flag those questions and they will likely be removed but I guess it won't stop additional questions.

4. Smart is Good profile image60
    Smart is Goodposted 6 years ago

Well I think there's a Gender and relationships topic for a reason. I know this isn't Yahoo answers but taking a break from writing all those "serious" articles isn't a bad thing. If questions get too personal in the level that other hubbers feel uncomfortable answering or even reading then they've crossed a line. You can often ask personal question to address a common problem that no one talks about and then turn it into an inspirational article. Not all personal questions are wrong, if they were there would only be hubpages related topics to choose from but people should know what's appropriate and what's not.

5. WindMaestro profile image61
    WindMaestroposted 6 years ago

Whoa man I cannot answer your question. It's just too personal for my liking.

6. Millionaire Tips profile image92
    Millionaire Tipsposted 6 years ago

There are Hubbers here who answer relationship questions.  When people click on a link that says "Ask Hubber a question" they may think that it is a personal question that will be sent only to the Hubber, but it winds up here for everyone to see. 

You will notice that most really personal questions say "asked of Hubber and the hubber's ID"

Also, since there is a contest that will reward people who have asked questions that people want to write hubs about, many people are trying to come up with as many questions as possible, with the hope that one or more of them are worthy.

working