jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Are Men Genetically Programmed to Cheat?

1. Shil1978 profile image93
    Shil1978posted 6 years ago

Are Men Genetically Programmed to Cheat?

2. thepathtohealthy profile image60
    thepathtohealthyposted 6 years ago

I am a woman so I'm not sure how a man thinks because.... well, I have a V instead of a P.

But I don't think men are programed the cheat. I don't believe that, I think that is a cock-out or a reason for them to cheat when they say that. "I can't help it, I'm a guy..." Um, no, you CAN help it you just want to get away with it.

Sex is tempting for women as much as it is for men, I know men who can hold out a lot longer then women can.

So my answer is no, I don't think men are genetically programed to cheat, if a man cheats he's just a dick.

3. deancortez044 profile image31
    deancortez044posted 6 years ago

No, they are simply made to fall in love...all the time.

4. jeanniedoe profile image56
    jeanniedoeposted 6 years ago

Cheating in a relationship could be done by men or women. So I don't believe that men are generally programmed to cheat.

5. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 6 years ago

If so then women are equally progranned.  This question is sexist.

6. georgiecarlos profile image59
    georgiecarlosposted 6 years ago

I think this "genetically programmed" argument is just an excuse used for some. As mentioned by others, cheating can be done by both genders, it really is just a matter of choice. Humans don't run on instinct like other creatures. We  actually have reason and it's up to an individual to use that or not

7. daydreamer13 profile image60
    daydreamer13posted 6 years ago

I don't believe that for a second! I do believe that society has made it excusable for men to cheat.

8. moonfairy profile image77
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

No more than women are. It's just a poor excuse to try and get away with something unacceptable. I don't think anyone is programmed to cheat....if someone cheats they don't truly love or respect the person that they're with. Why cheat? Just leave the relationship that you're obviously not happy with and move on.

working