jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What would you do if when of your friends came out to you?

1. T15 profile image64
    T15posted 6 years ago

What would you do if when of your friends came out to you?

2. jesimpki profile image95
    jesimpkiposted 6 years ago

Myself, I'd yell, give them a big ol' bear hug and tell them I'm so proud of them!

3. tinigenie profile image59
    tinigenieposted 6 years ago

Your friend,who came out  of the closet,must really trust you.  I would take that as a complement, and encourage my friend to do what makes them happy.  Good question!

4. Juliek958 profile image60
    Juliek958posted 6 years ago

I would do the same thing I've always done...smile and hug them and tell them I love them.  Nothing has changed.  If you are now uncomfortable with it, I would suggest being open and honest with your friend and tell them that.  He or she trusted you enough to tell you, trust them enough to tell them how you feel.  Work on it together.

5. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

That's awesome!  I'm be very honored that they chose me!!

6. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i have a few friends that have admitted they are gay. i don't care because it's none of my business. they are my friends regardless or their sexual orientation.

7. xethonxq profile image64
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

I would say...."It's about time...my damn gaydar has been beeping relentlessly forever."

8. WishhingGirl profile image60
    WishhingGirlposted 6 years ago

I must admit I don't really have a gayrad, then again, I don't really care. I had a friend come out to me and two friends, I felt honored, because I know it was hard for her. for at least one week I know she was fighting with her mom, everytime we asked why she would not answer. It was because she came out to her mom and her mom flipped. Having us to show her we still accepted her was good not for me but for my friend who was worried.

9. jlpark profile image86
    jlparkposted 5 years ago

Smile, and hug them.  Let them know they aren't alone in this, and we can get through anything together.  It's not easy being gay (or green, if you're Kermit), but together we can do anything.
    It's happened a few times - I'm very much out, and happy to be asked anything...so people do. I figure if I can make the journey easier for just one person, then my time on this earth has been worthwhile. More than one, awesome.