jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

If your friend came out as a Pagan, how would you react?

1. hecate-horus profile image81
    hecate-horusposted 5 years ago

If your friend came out as a Pagan, how would you react?

2. EinderDarkwolf profile image61
    EinderDarkwolfposted 5 years ago

I'd react by saying join the club. I'd offer to help them in their education. I would also teach them that it's better to have a good idea rather than any type of belief system. Other than that? Share and share alike.

3. Daxman profile image60
    Daxmanposted 5 years ago

I have 4 pagan friends and they are all a delight to hang around with and talk to!

4. Dale Hyde profile image84
    Dale Hydeposted 5 years ago

I would be happy, Pagan that I am, to have a friend that is on the same spiritual "level" so to speak. smile

5. kschimmel profile image49
    kschimmelposted 5 years ago

My friends are my friends.  We would have to agree to disagree about religion, but we could still love each other, have coffee, go shopping....

6. Shawn May Scott profile image60
    Shawn May Scottposted 5 years ago

I would be pleased for my my friend. I would open a discussion with him or her about what brought them to this decision. I would inquire as to where they are in their dedication and be as welcoming as possible. I would also invite this person to join me and become the start of a coven!!!

7. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 5 years ago

I would be delighted that they felt comfortable enough to come out and follow the spiritual path that they are drawn to.

8. Dardarji profile image62
    Dardarjiposted 5 years ago

I would hug them and say, "welcome home."

9. MisterH profile image60
    MisterHposted 5 years ago

I would react the same as I would if my friend came out as a Christian: express polite interest and then try to steer the topic towards something else.  However, they're still my friend whatever their beliefs.

10. Civil War Bob profile image60
    Civil War Bobposted 5 years ago

I'd ask, "What sort?" and listen for as long as he/she wanted to describe the belief system; probably getting out the pot of coffee and some cookies.

11. Amanda Gee profile image60
    Amanda Geeposted 5 years ago

I would be delighted. I am also pagan and it would be nice to have another sister/brother in the faith. Honestly though, I love my friends and family regardless of their religious beliefs. My friends come from all walks of life, and I love it. It makes life a bit spicer. big_smile

12. Cresentmoon2007 profile image73
    Cresentmoon2007posted 5 years ago

Considering I am a pagan, I would react in an understanding way, even be exciting. However even if I wasn't I would accept them for who they are. After aim not friends with them for their beliefs but for who they are as a person.

working