jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you celebrate holidays or other occasions with your long distance friend/

1. Elayne87 profile image60
    Elayne87posted 6 years ago

How do you celebrate holidays or other occasions with your long distance friend/significant other?

Are there any special ways or activities or other forms of media that you use to connect with your friend or significant other? Skype, facebook, other websites? What specific things are there to do with them when there is no way for you to be together?

2. Georgie98 profile image75
    Georgie98posted 6 years ago

I have close friends in USA and New Zealand, I always make sure that I send special parcels every christmas. My friend in NZ used to live in England which is how I know her, so I make sure I send her British food treats that she can't buy over there.
    I also make sure I send a text message to them at christmas, new years, on their birthdays (and a card on their birthdays too.) I will also post messages on facebook for all my friends, and wish all my American friends on facebook a happy thanksgiving.
    I try to do web chats but I live in a flight path and it's so hard to keep the video link working. Such a shame.

3. alisha4u profile image37
    alisha4uposted 6 years ago

Well, how would you celebrate a festival with a distant friend? I say, Virtually !! :-)

4. Cardia profile image95
    Cardiaposted 6 years ago

I normally send out a card in the mail, with a little gift/token in it, and often a long letter. Sometimes I also meet up on Skype for a 'Skype date' with them - it's really fun, especially when you see what their house is like, or even meet a few friends or family members!
    Facebook is also really good for this.