jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How far apart must you be to be considered in a "long-distance" relationship?

1. chicpockets profile image56
    chicpocketsposted 6 years ago

How far apart must you be to be considered in a "long-distance" relationship?

Is it a matter of miles, a matter of time spent together, a difference of zip codes? How is distance defined in love?

2. Daxman profile image61
    Daxmanposted 6 years ago

I think it would be fair to say that if you love so far apart that you can't visit eachother every day (or when you so desire for that matter), you're having a long distance relationship.

3. Adamowen profile image79
    Adamowenposted 6 years ago

I was in a LDR for a while. She lived in Spain after moving out there with family, while I was still here in England. It was hard I guess but with the internet it was made easier in between trips to visit!

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

It depends on a few factors. For a teenager without a car long distance might involve dating someone who attends a high school across town in a very large city. As an adult I would say if it takes 2 hours or more to get there by car it qualifies as a long distance relationship. Long distance is defined by how problematic it is to physically spend time together. Most people would rather be in relationships with someone who lives within a 30 minute drive. It also makes it much more easier to be spontaneous as a couple when it comes going out at the last minute.

5. jennifermdunn profile image59
    jennifermdunnposted 6 years ago

As an adult, if it's over 2 hours distance. In some states, it might even be a different area code. But it's always defined as distance. Time spent together is based on the relationship, not the distance.

working