jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Where do you meet new people if you're no longer in school?

1. Bldg an Architect profile image66
    Bldg an Architectposted 6 years ago

Where do you meet new people if you're no longer in school?

2. lola oyedotun profile image78
    lola oyedotunposted 6 years ago

Church, Community clubs, Health and fitness centre

3. hoteltravel profile image71
    hoteltravelposted 6 years ago

When traveling, it is easy to meet new people, if you have a pleasing personality. When you move to a new location, you get a chance to meet an entire new set of neighbors. If you live in the same locality, you can take the initiative to meet people who move in. If you join online communities like Hubpages, you have the choice to meet hundreds of members.

4. Hubpage Gal profile image60
    Hubpage Galposted 6 years ago

If you are no longer in school, there is an online group called "MeetUp" that schedules meetings in all parts of the country based on individual interests. Also to meet new people, one has to attend gatherings where people are assembled.  Reading the local paper week end events can provide free outdoor or indoor activities in which to meet other people.  Most likely, there got to be a shared interest so one of the first thing to do is to explore your personal interest.  Also if you are single, there are online dating sites that are free such as PlentyofFish.com and Date.com that charges a nominal fee to join.  School is not the only place to meet people, church is also an excellent place in which to meet people and also offers charitable ways to participate in community events.

5. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

I met my partner two years ago 5 minutes away from my house at his work while he fixed my car. One of my best friend's I met at a Psychology conference in Oklahoma.

6. juiwei2000 profile image61
    juiwei2000posted 6 years ago

Try a bar, online dating (lame), train, bus stop (best place to pick up girl providing you know what you are doing),

A piece of advice, don't pick up girl by actually conducting an act of picking her up, instead just socialize, because she might not necessary be that much into you.

7. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

Wherever you are there are people! Only you can stop you from introducing yourself or starting a conversation. If shyness is an issue there is always online dating.

8. LisaKoski profile image95
    LisaKoskiposted 6 years ago

Since I've gotten out of school, the people I've met have been introduced to me by people I'm already friends with or I've met them at work. I'm shy so it's difficult for me to meet people any other way really. Takes me a long time to actually open up and talk.

9. ishwaryaa22 profile image89
    ishwaryaa22posted 6 years ago

After finishing school and summer vacation, I was ready for college. So far as I remembered that  on the first college day, I was very eager and at the same time bit nervous in meeting new classmates and teachers. Fortunately, the college teachers, classmates and college mates ( students from other subject-departments) were very friendly and helpful. I met many nice people and I made many good friends there. Also I shared a good rapport with my teachers. They made me feel at complete ease and comfort and this good college was like my second home.

working