jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you know when your relationship is over?

1. ChinaDoll32BX profile image60
    ChinaDoll32BXposted 6 years ago

How do you know when your relationship is over?

Before a relationship comes to an end, there are usually warning signs. However, if you do not know what to look for, the break up may come as a complete shock to you. Therefore I am asking the question, what are the warning signs of a break up and how do you prepare yourself for the changes to come?

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

When two people no longer want the same things or aren't on the same page the relationship is pretty much over. Either one person works up the courage to call it  off or they start a new relationship/cheat. Going along to get along never leads to happiness. You don't have to wait for someone else to end a relationship you are not happy with.
    If you are unhappy with the way things are then you communicate it to your significant other. If they are happy with the ways things are then it's time for you to move on. The warning signs are your instincts or you feelings about the relationship. The people who don't see "the signs" are those who choose to ignore their feelings or instincts. My take on it is, "If it doesn't feel right then it's probably not right for you." Many people can't walk away from a relationship unless there is cheating, abuse, or some type of drama. It's as if being "unhappy" or not wanting the same things for the relationship are not enough reasons for them to walk away.

3. Mary Stuart profile image80
    Mary Stuartposted 6 years ago

I know the relationship is over when he quits actively pursuing me. he is late calling, cancels a couple of dates, or makes a desperate move when he perceives my interest is waning.

4. jennifermdunn profile image59
    jennifermdunnposted 6 years ago

If you have to ask, then you already know. If you are really honest with yourself, you'll know the answer. Break ups hurt. Noticing the "warning signs" can't prepare you, they can only distract you and prolong the pain.

working