Do intercultural relationships really work? Can one overcome language and cultur

1. Dillon James profile image60
    Dillon Jamesposted 6 years ago

Do intercultural relationships really work? Can one overcome language and cultural beliefs?

2. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
    Shahid Bukhariposted 6 years ago

Depends on the sincerity of Purpose ...

I once successfully negotiated a Multinational Joint Venture Agreement with Barera Fisheries' Chairman and his Kadiz based Technical team from Spain ... None of them know a word of my language, Urdu, nor I, a word of their Spanish ...

Though it had been earlier understood that all our Negotiations would be in a Third Language ... English.

Anyway ... we started negotiating in the Sign Language ... Because, their English Interpreter was suddenly taken ill, moments before their departure from Madrid airport ... and yet they flew over to Karachi, Pakistan ... In good Faith.

Reckon all the handsome Spaniards were all Catholics ... Historically ... we could have been enemies ...because, a couple of centuries back ... they had Routed Muslims and Islamic Culture in Spain ... That we spoke different Languages and belonged to Different Racial backgrounds ... yet became the instant long lost Friends ...

I still remember them fondly ... Reckon that should answer your Question.

3. Levertis Steele profile image84
    Levertis Steeleposted 6 years ago

I have seen some multicultural relationships work and some fail. A relative married a man of another culture. He was a medical student, interpreter, and spoke three languages. She was a music, English and Spanish teacher, and foreign missionary. They both share the same religion and are very active in their church--he, an elder and she, minister of music. You can see that they have much in common. They taught each other. He learned English and voice from her in less than a year, and he taught her French. They are married, have two children, employed, and are enriching their careers. They appear to be a loving and dedicated family.

I think if people of different cultures have a lot in common, they have a better chance of being successful. If they are both moralistic, that would help greatly.