jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What advice would you give a bride or groom that had been "jilted" at the altar?

1. EuroCafeAuLait profile image85
    EuroCafeAuLaitposted 6 years ago

What advice would you give a bride or groom that had been "jilted" at the altar?

2. Parks McCants profile image74
    Parks McCantsposted 6 years ago

Wow.... That's a tough one! I supose after the crying ended, I would kindly explain the advantages of living with a husband or wife that truly belongs in the marriage.
    Best of luck in love...

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 6 years ago

Don't worry about it another will come along just like London buses.

4. Eliminate Cancer profile image59
    Eliminate Cancerposted 6 years ago

THANK GGGGGGGOOOOOOOODDDDDDD YOU DIDN'T GET MARRIED!!!!!

All I can say, is that as much as it sucks (and I rarely use this word) for this to happen, it is so much better than being married to the jerk (man or woman), which will ultimately end in divorce, arguments over the kids, and more heartache.  And since it costs more to get divorced than to get married, it's truly a blessing.

You are SO lucky!!

That would be my advice.

5. lawretta profile image77
    lawrettaposted 6 years ago

in such a situation, it may sound funny but i think my advise to the bride or groom would be to just keep laughing or smiling or whatever closest to that to minimize the humiliation. I mean what else can one do in such a humiliating situation but to laugh it all off like it was a funny joke, at least until you get into your car and zoom off. In such a circumstance, i would use a lot of laughing and jestering to get out of that environment, and then cry when i get home.

6. profile image0
    ExoticHippieQueenposted 6 years ago

I would tell the jilted bride or groom that it is far better to be left at the altar than to make the mistake of committing a lifetime to someone who is unsure of their love for you.  It is so much more difficult after the wedding, after buying the house, after the birth of children, to walk way.  Be happy that you found out the truth early, and then go find the true soulmate that you will be happy with for the rest of your life.  You have been saved!

working