jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

If your best friend oversteps a boundary with you how would you confront them?

1. Born2care2001 profile image75
    Born2care2001posted 6 years ago

If your best friend oversteps a boundary with you how would you confront them?

2. gmaoli profile image77
    gmaoliposted 6 years ago

I've had this happen several times.  If they are a real friend to you, they will listen.  Friends are there to make each other feel good, but they are also there to look out for you even if it means they need to hear something from you they don't like.  Otherwise, by sitting back and letting them step over that boundary, you are just enabling to keep at it no matter who they hurt.  It's not fair to them or to you.  Real friendship means real honesty, so that's the way to go.

3. Jynzly profile image73
    Jynzlyposted 6 years ago

My best friend for almost two decades never oversteps any boundary, or if ever, maybe I didn't notice it. Some people would tell me that my best friend backbite me or said bad things against me, but I just said "She is my best friend, she is allowed to say anything even if it's against me." she will realize one day that she is wrong and I am ready to forgive, in fact I had already forgiven her even for those "over-stepping" or offense that she had not done yet; if ever she would do it. The answer then is FORGIVE, without confrontation.

4. karthikkash profile image90
    karthikkashposted 6 years ago

I have had some of my best friends overstepping boundaries sometimes. My initial reaction is definitely to lash back. However, thankfully that mood doesn't stay for a long time. So, I calmly request them not to do it again since I don't like certain things. I've thankfully got good friends who understand that and don't overstep again.

5. jpcmc profile image90
    jpcmcposted 6 years ago

I've always been straightforward.  Of course this does not mean I will disrespect my friend.  After he is my friend.  Being objective about the situation is important.  this way we can iron out whatever differences we have.

6. TENKAY profile image85
    TENKAYposted 6 years ago

I hate confrontations. What I'll do is stop seeing my friend for awhile, let time heal my pain, if I'm not hurting anymore I will tell her honestly about how I felt about the situation.

7. ikechiawazie profile image61
    ikechiawazieposted 6 years ago

I will be nice enough to let him know that he has crossed the boundary with me and i say nice because sometimes people do things without conciously taken note of how their action affect others, it is therefore neccessary to convey your mind to your friend so that he can take note of this.

8. momster profile image60
    momsterposted 6 years ago

I wrote this hub about a question someone asked. Not sure if it will help ya but it might give you an idea how to deal with the situations.

http://momster.hubpages.com/hub/Love-ha … -take-them

9. freemarketingnow profile image57
    freemarketingnowposted 6 years ago

I would just tell them in person. My closest friends are pretty receptive to feedback.

working