jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why do men bond well together in a group, while women tend to be so distrustin

1. Cathy I profile image76
    Cathy Iposted 5 years ago

Why do men bond  well together in a group, while women  tend to be so distrusting of each other?

Why is it that men can get along so well together as a group, while women in a group tend to be so distrusting of each other, and feel that they must always compete with each other, to the point that they end up pulling each other down rather than lifting each other up. Prime example is Celebrity Apprentice.  Every week there is a cat fight, which is so distasteful.
    This is not meant to be a generalization but rather a frequent observation.

2. junkseller profile image85
    junksellerposted 5 years ago

Well, I don't know if that is true for women, but as for men, I think it is because we have a long history of being in situations, whether it is working, hunting, or going to war, where it is necessary to put a lot of faith in the man standing next to you whether you know them well or not. I suspect it is relatively innate for us to rely on each other, especially in tough situations.

3. The Fridge profile image75
    The Fridgeposted 5 years ago

This is another excellent question, one I hope to try to answer without controversy.

When men are in a group they seem to accept the other the way they are. We are not worried about what shoes, or dress, or make up, or how much we weigh. We do not compare notes first thing on who's who and what's what. We see that John wears Levi's and Jim wears Wrangler and we are cool with that. If we disagree about something we usually talk it out and when we are finished we can disagree and still be cool with each other.

Ladies, I think on the other hand do too much self comparison with the other and seemingly feel threatened by each other. If a disagreement is established then there is a little part of them that wants to feel better about themselves and they seem to begin to tear each other down a little quicker than a man does. They want to prove that they are better than the threatened feeling they felt when they first began.

Men still have disagreements but the resolution is reached without too many arguments. We may feel we are right but we can accept it as an opinion not a final resolution.

4. kkuma01 profile image60
    kkuma01posted 5 years ago

Sounds like you need to change your group of girlfriends. Celebrity Apprentice is not real life. I am 40 years old...almost and have found that men just tend to not really care what his buddy is or isn't doing as long as it doesn't hurt him. With the women I have had for friends we don't agree on everything, but we help each other with everything. It is important that you surround yourself with people that are comfortable in your light. There are about 10 of us and we never get any of the craziness amongst us that you are referring to. We are all phenomenal in our own right. We nurture and support one another and that is a woman's nature.