How do keep a marriage alive for 65 years?

1. katieababy74 profile image60
    katieababy74posted 5 years ago

How do keep a marriage alive for 65 years?

I met a gorgeous couple yesterday, been married 65 years. I asked him how they have stayed together so long he replied 'I do as I am told' seriously though what is the key to keeping a marriage alive and how do you get to 65 years!!

2. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years ago

I honestly don't think I even want to live that long, so one would think one would have to make a concerted effort to linger here on Planet Earth, for starters.

It would also mean giving up Twinkies, Coca Cola, and McDonald hamburgers and keeping oneself fit in mind, spirit, and body.

The next thing one needs to do is rent a time machine and go back in time to an age earlier than this one, in order to get married. To a time when women were women and men were men. To a time and place where honor and oaths meant something.

Young people of today have virtually no chance of seeing their 65th wedding anniversary. Obesity, debt, and quickie divorces are the thing these days, so one can pretty much forget about it.

Next time you see these precious senior citizens (married 65 years), take a picture, because married couples like these are quickly becoming a thing of the past, not unlike our World War II vets. Sad, but true.