jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Can Men and Women Ever 'Remain' Friends??

1. alisha4u profile image37
    alisha4uposted 5 years ago

Can Men and Women Ever 'Remain' Friends??

In most cases. sooner or later, somehow men or women tend to develop feelings for each other in their so called pact called 'Friendship'.
    In spite of which, people still claim to have their best of friends intact, knowing that the other one could be keen to take their 'Friendship' one step ahead...

So, what do you think? Would you still go ahead and say "We're Just Friends"  ??

2. taheruddin profile image43
    taheruddinposted 5 years ago

I want to say we need the right composition of relationship. Someone can not be fine with some just friends. But we can not but love our friends. We human are so complex.

3. gmaoli profile image78
    gmaoliposted 5 years ago

It highly depends on your past.  How did the relationship form?  What kind of things were discussed between the man and the woman?  I believe in some cases it can, but it would really depend on how the two would interact with each other over time.  If over the years the man and woman didn't do more than just make friendly flirtatious remarks with each other and probably just discussed their ideal mate as they would with any other friend, then I could see them being just friends.  After all, close friends in particular often share sensitive secrets.  If, however, the man and woman find themselves constantly talking about how they feel good around each other and find themselves being uncontrollably affectionate with one another, then I'd say something more is developing.  When that happens, it can be real hard if not impossible to go back to way things were before those romantic feelings evolve...especially if the romance for whatever reasons comes to an abrupt end.

4. msorensson profile image71
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

Men and women can remain friends. In graduate school, in the beginning, I was friends with six men from South America.  We ate lunch and dinner together. I remain friends with them. Over the years I have developed friendships with many men, on the basis of intellectual or business associations only.