jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Friends with benefits! Is it really worth it?

1. madmachio profile image60
    madmachioposted 5 years ago

Friends with benefits! Is it really worth it?

If you have a relationship based on sex, can you really be friends?

2. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years ago

"Friends with benefits"? Is that what they call fornication these days?

Doesn't sound like freindship has anything to do with it - just two dogs in heat.

3. suebee62 profile image60
    suebee62posted 5 years ago

no, never had one, don't want to.  Just giving in to a desire, a filling, a moment.

1. InterestCaptured profile image86
      InterestCapturedposted 4 years agoin reply to this

What if he had a top-notch johnson?

4. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

of course you can. i've had such friends and we are still friends but without the benefits now because i am married. sex can be a great way to spend time with someone you get along with, it's like playing sports with a woman, just a lot more fun.

1. InterestCaptured profile image86
      InterestCapturedposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Its funny that this answer is hidden due to negative feedback, says something about the audience on hubpages, whatever that may be....

5. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

I think it really depends on the two people involved. Way before there was a name for it people have been in such relationships. A person may live on the West coast and whenever they are on the East coast they look up their "friend" or vice versa and spend a few days together. I've heard of some people doing this for  several years. I suspect the difference in this type of relationship and a "booty call" is the two people enjoy each other's company outside of bed. Depending on one's career demands or various other reasons they may not want to get married or commit to being in a relationship. Life is a personal journey. To each his or her own.

6. Mary Stuart profile image80
    Mary Stuartposted 5 years ago

I would have a really hard time with this one. I am not emotionally made that way. i think truly great sex is dependent upon a mutually committed relationship that is built on trust and longevity. Friends with benefits does not offer that.

7. InterestCaptured profile image86
    InterestCapturedposted 5 years ago

If this is the case, your relationship isn't based on sex. "Friends with benefits" means that, you are friends... with benefits. Not everyone have the same beliefs involving sex, and some people have casual sex, that's life.

8. Eric Prado profile image75
    Eric Pradoposted 5 years ago

Absolutely! Friends with benefits are a much easier way to cut out the middle man and keep things real without the song and dance of awkward "we need to talk" crap.

working