jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

If a friend lives in another country?

1. sangre profile image96
    sangreposted 6 years ago

If a friend lives in another country?

How often should you keep in contact them to keep the friendship going.

2. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
    Shahid Bukhariposted 6 years ago

Friends ... are Soul Companions ... Physical borders, do not matter.

3. Ania L profile image84
    Ania Lposted 6 years ago

"Should" is not the best word here - you either want to stay in touch or not smile There is no right or wrong answer here about the frequency - it all depends on people. For some even a year gap is not a big deal and when they see each other it's like a day passed and not a year. Others will struggle to find things to talk about even after a one month break.
    Still in the age of Skype and online messengers, one can be more up to date with friends abroad than those living on the same street.

4. LoveUndercover profile image59
    LoveUndercoverposted 6 years ago

I have friends in a lot of different countries. I don't speak to them daily, but i do say hi and catch up at least once a year (thank god for Facebook and Twitter) and on social websites you can keep up with them without having to really try. It all depends on how deep and long the friendship was. If you were really close to the person then you should contact them once a month or so just to see how everything is going. If it was friends from high school or college whom have gone their separate ways then once in a couple months is fine.

5. Riverfish24 profile image83
    Riverfish24posted 6 years ago

I have lived in so many places and abroad as well, but I still have friends whom I am in touch with. It is fabolous to catch up after years when you travel around! You never know when you will get an opportunity to meet, so atleast stay in touch and make plans to try and catch up..its a wonderful experience.

6. unknown spy profile image75
    unknown spyposted 6 years ago

hmm..my bestfriend and i were separated after primary grade. she went to italy, i stayed here in phils. we wrote each other thru 'snail mail', every month..but after two years, we lost track...after 13 years, we're still friends... even with minimal words, atleast we treasured our friendship on our hearts.

working