jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Would you consider a wedding of 175 people to be small or large?

1. Pinkchic18 profile image73
    Pinkchic18posted 5 years ago

Would you consider a wedding of 175 people to be small or large?

2. peeples profile image96
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

My opinion is anything under 50 would be considered small. 175 would be large.

3. bankscottage profile image95
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

I think 175 is large.  Particularly when you start thinking about the costs.  Formal events could be very expensive for 175.  A picnic reception could be inexpensive and like a family reunion.

My son and daughter-in-law had about 60 at our house.  I thought that was about right.

4. slackermom profile image76
    slackermomposted 5 years ago

I think 175 people is a large wedding but that's coming from a woman who got married at the court house with only the judge and clerk present.. Plus I don't think I know that many people..

5. jkvkdailey4 profile image72
    jkvkdailey4posted 5 years ago

My husband and I both come from very large families, so in our circles a wedding of 175 would be small.  We had over 500 guests at our reception, we planned accordingly and were able to stay within our tight budget by doing a lot of the work ourselves (or with free help from family).  I guess I would call a wedding of 175 guests "medium".  Anything under 100 would be small and anything over 250 would be large.

6. dipsmi profile image75
    dipsmiposted 5 years ago

In India, this number is considered small. We expect 100- 200 people in engagement parties!

working