jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Have you ever called your significant other by the wrong name?

1. GDiBiase profile image81
    GDiBiaseposted 6 years ago

Have you ever called your significant  other by the wrong name?

2. msorensson profile image71
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

I am confused as to the meaning of significant other, since to me it only means married partner, although my friends use it to mean long term partners..so in my context, when I was married, the answer to your question is no, I had not...

3. terrektwo profile image82
    terrektwoposted 6 years ago

Well no, but I did once have a girlfriend with the same name as my wife. That certainly makes things easier smile

4. Jeff Gamble profile image73
    Jeff Gambleposted 6 years ago

I made that mistake once... only once...

5. Dr Billy Kidd profile image92
    Dr Billy Kiddposted 6 years ago

Yes, definately, I called my S.O. a "drunk!" That's when she threw the bottle at me. But the good news is, that relationship taught me a lot...

6. Diana Grant profile image93
    Diana Grantposted 6 years ago

I frequently call my loved ones by the wrong name, but normally just by the name of another loved one within the family - like mixing up the names of family members or my partner. I sometimes joke "no, not you, the other one".

It would  be a bit more tricky if I called my partner by the name of an ex, but somehow my dizzy brain seems to know not to overstep the mark and I don't think I have ever done that......there must be a safety valve in there somewhere - or maybe the exes no longer occupy an important place in my life.

7. profile image48
    Janbatposted 6 years ago

A former boyfriend once called me the name of his dead dog!

8. heavenbound5511 profile image78
    heavenbound5511posted 6 years ago

Yes, he  thought I was my daughter. He's not the only one. smile

working