jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Would you be offended if someone you've not been in touch with for years had blo

1. Moon Daisy profile image83
    Moon Daisyposted 6 years ago

Would you be offended if someone you've not been in touch with for years had blocked you on Twitter?

Weird situation. I found out that a boy (now man) I was at school with writes an interesting blog. But when I tried to follow his Tweets, it seems that he's blocked me! I haven't been in contact with him in years.

I'm not hurt by it as we weren't close, just in classes together. But it's intrigued me. Did he really hate me at school w/o me realising? Has he noticed we have very different views on things (based on who we follow on Twitter), and blocked me because of this? Has he blocked everyone from school? I'd kind of like to know. Would you contact him and ask? Or is that intrusive / silly?

2. vipinsanth profile image57
    vipinsanthposted 6 years ago

It is silly, No need to follow him... Its his loss....

3. Adamowen profile image79
    Adamowenposted 6 years ago

It wouldn't bother me personally, plenty more people out there that you can be friends with.

4. GypsyFootedWoman profile image75
    GypsyFootedWomanposted 6 years ago

You haven't thought about him for years, I'd imagine he could say the same about you. And by your own admission you weren’t close to begin with. It's a non-issue in my opinion.
    As for spending time being concerned about the whys and what fors I would share this quote with you. “You wouldn’t care what other people think of you, if you knew how seldom they do.”
    It’s a gentle reminder I use in my own life to not sweat the small stuff, or throw your energy at a black hole.

5. Moon Daisy profile image83
    Moon Daisyposted 6 years ago

Thanks for your answers.  All true!  And it's also true GypsyFootedWoman, that I haven't thought about him in years, and I don't particularly want to get back in touch as we were never close.  I just find it mildly intriguing why somebody who I was never close to would go to the trouble of blocking me, all these years later!  But then I'm going to the trouble of wondering about it, lol...  It's not particularly concerning to me, was just kind of amused, and curious about it.

6. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Well sure, it would hurt my feelings.  I'm not sure I would have the courage to ask - but if you do then by all means ask him.  It might just be a mistake.

working